Clove oil, extracted from the stem, buds, and leaves of the clove tree, is valuable. The spice has been used as food preservatives and for medicinal purposes for centuries.
Clove oil is equipped with potent antimicrobial, antifungal, enriched antioxidants and minerals, and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is mostly the presence of Eugenol in the spice that is responsible for most of the benefits offered by clove. (1) You must be aware of how the herb helps maintain overall health. But what are the clove benefits for hair?
Clove oil in its pure form is potent and has to be diluted. Once applied to the scalp in diluted form, it can stimulate hair growth and minimize hair loss. Clove oil can eliminate dandruff and also prevent premature greying of the hair. Clove oil enriches the scalp health and also adds shine to your hair while also making it ultra-soft.
Interestingly, the antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of the spice is higher than many vegetables and fruits. So clove benefits, mainly for hairs, deserve special attention. At the same time, the right method of application needs to be known too!
Table of Contents
How Clove Can Benefit Hair And More
Before we elaborate more on how clove benefits hair, here’s a noteworthy point. As beneficial as the spice is, it can also be quite potent. It is highly concentrated.
Applying it directly onto the scalp can have disastrous consequences.
Don’t worry! This doesn’t imply that you can’t reap the maximum benefit of clove oil for your hair.
All you have to do is dilute the potent oil. Add a few drops of it in a suitable carrier oil, and your work is done.
The clove oil is now ready to impart numerous benefits to your scalp and hair. Coconut oil, almond oil, and argan oil are excellent options for serving as carriers.
Also Read: Clove Benefits for Skin
1. Increase Hair Growth With Clove Oil
Clove oil promotes hair growth with instant results.
Many of us have stubborn hair that refuses to show healthy growth despite our best measures.
We try all the hair products in the book but to little effect. All the appointments and sessions at the hair spa bear no fruit.
Indeed, very few people have hair that thrives in the long term. Clove oil can turn things around for all.
How Clove Oil Increases Your Hair Growth?
Clove oil offers a natural remedy that can be invaluable for stimulating hair growth.
Yes! You heard it right!
Clove oil is enriched with vital minerals and vitamins that enable the hair to flourish.
This isn’t all.
If you want to boost blood circulation to the scalp, clove oil can be an excellent choice.
It ensures that your hair follicles get the much-needed nutrients and oxygen that allow them to thrive.
How To Increase Hair Growth With Clove Oil?
If you want to reap the clove oil benefits for hair growth, you can make a hair mask with clove oil. It’s quite simple.
- Mix two tablespoons of yogurt with a spoon of olive oil and half a tablespoon of clove paste.
- Add some honey to the mixture and combine it all nicely.
- Now apply this mask all over the hair and let it be for around 45 minutes.
- Rinse with normal water.
Regular use of this blend will show instant results. You will have the long tresses you always wanted in no time!
2. Get Rid Of Dandruff With Clove Oil
The exact reason behind dandruff is not yet known. But no one can deny the challenge it poses to hair health.
This scalp disorder doesn’t only compromise hair growth and health. It also has a dampening effect on your self-esteem and confidence.
After all, the flakes of skin on clothes can be quite embarrassing. Not to mention the annoying itchy sensation that it brings along.
Some temporary relief can be acquired through anti-dandruff shampoos. But wouldn’t you love a solution that will eliminate this problem from the roots?
Clove oil can help you out with this.
How and Why Clove Oil Removes Dandruff?
The role of clove oil in eliminating dandruff is substantiated by studies.
A study published in the Journal of Pharmacobio-Dynamics revealed the antifungal effect of Eugenol in a guinea pig model (2).
The research showed how the antifungal property of Eugenol could do a world of good for hair health.
How To Get Rid Of Dandruff With Clove Oil?
To make the most of clove oil to get rid of dandruff, here’s what you need to do.
- Add around 10 to 12 drops of the essential oil to up to eight ounces of your shampoo.
- Wash your hair with it, and before you know it, dandruff will have become history!
3. Prevent Premature Greying Of Hair With Clove Oil
It isn’t uncommon for people to lose their sleep due to the sudden increase of grey hair on their scalp.
While it is indeed an inevitable phase of life, no one would want it to come knocking on your door ahead of time.
A few grey hairs here and there aren’t a problem.
But extensive premature greying can be a sign of an underlying health disorder.
Luckily, clove oil benefits hair in more ways than one.
How Is Premature Greying Of Hair Prevented With Clove Oil?
Clove oil can prevent premature aging of the hairs.
Recent studies have revealed that Eugenol has high levels of antioxidants.
These antioxidants prevent free radicals from causing damage to cell structures, thereby preventing premature greying of hair. (3)
It increases the production of pigment that gives your hair its natural color.
Also Read: How to Use Clove for Weight Loss
How To Prevent Grey Hair With Clove Oil?
- Simply mix a teaspoon of clove oil with three tablespoons of eucalyptus oil.
- Massage your scalp and hair with this blend twice weekly.
Your hair will return to its original color in no time.
4. Prevent Hair Loss With Clove Oil
Excessive hair fall can occur due to many reasons. Weak hair follicles, scalp disorders, and harsh climatic conditions are some of them.
The reason can also be an underlying health disease.
If hair fall isn’t treated promptly, hair thinning and balding can result.
By then, it can be too late to take action.
Fortunately, home remedies can help reduce hair loss.
Clove oil is one such item that can instantly reduce the rate of hair fall while strengthening your hair shaft.
How and Why Clove Oil Prevents Hair Loss?
Clove essential oil reduces hair fall significantly with instant results.
Studies have proven that Eugenol present in clove oil exhibits androgenic activity.
It stimulates hair roots to feed and therefore is a worthy ingredient for anti-hair loss formulation.
How To Get Rid Of Hair Loss Problem With Clove Oil?
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of clove oil with coconut oil.
- Apply it to your scalp.
- Rinse with your regular shampoo.
Your work is done, and it wouldn’t take clove long to show its benefits.
If you have cloves at your home, you can easily make the clove oil yourself, and here is how.
5. Maintain Scalp Health With Clove Oil
Of course, keeping the scalp healthy is invaluable for preventing hair fall.
Furthermore, it is also pivotal for your overall hair condition and texture.
This is another one of the clove oil used for hair that will help you out.
How and Why Clove Oil Maintains Your Scalp Health?
It can soothe the itchy and irritated scalp by providing it with adequate hydration.
The various antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties of the essential oil can also help treat various scalp disorders.
Applying clove oil detoxifies the scalp and gets rid of all impurities and dirt.
Not only that, it adds a refreshing aroma.
What more could you want?
Dilute clove oil in sunflower oil and get rid of problems like lice in an instant. (5)
How To Use Clove Oil To Maintain Scalp Health?
You can use clove oil for the detoxification of the scalp.
It will not only exfoliate the scalp but also remove any build-up.
Here’s what you need to do;
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of olive oil with a one-fourth teaspoon of clove oil.
- Use the mask generously on your scalp, using your fingertips to massage it gently.
- Cover your scalp and hair and leave the mixture on for up to 15 minutes
- Shampoo and condition as usual
6. Get Shiny Hair With Clove Oil
Hair often appears brittle and lifeless due to loss of moisture.
Of course, no one wants dull hair, but what can you do about it?
Clove oil has a deep conditioning effect that can add much-needed shine to your rough hair.
How and Why Clove Oil Makes Your Hair Shiny?
Clove oil adds life and shine to your tresses by providing them with much-needed moisture.
At the same time, it also detoxifies your hair follicles, giving your hair a new lease of life.
It helps in reducing split ends and cutting down frizz.
Once you start using clove oil, your strands will become smoother and easy to manage.
How To Use Clove Oil To Get Shiny Hair?
Here’s what you need to do.
- Make a blend of warm coconut oil and clove oil.
- Massage it onto your scalp and hair before retiring for the night.
- Rinse your hair the next morning with your regular shampoo and lukewarm water.
Get stunning and shiny hair by following this practice once weekly. Yes! It is that easy!
7. Make Hair Soft With Clove Oil
Who likes their hair to have a rough texture?
People spend generously on hair products to make their tresses soft.
But unfortunately, the effects are often short-term.
Clove oil is a gift of nature that can give you the silky hair you had always wanted.
How and Why Clove Oil Makes Your Hair Soft?
Clove oil has a natural conditioning effect on your hair.
Furthermore, it promotes blood circulation to your tresses, making them smoother and livelier.
You wouldn’t have to worry about chemicals in hair products spoiling the long-term health of your hair.
Clove oil is a safe and natural remedy that will make your tresses soft and manageable.
How To Use Clove Oil To Make Your Hair Soft?
- Mix a few drops of clove oil with another natural carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil.
- Apply the blend on your hair by gently massaging it from tips to roots.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for around half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Comb your hair after a few minutes, and you will notice a drastic difference in your hair’s texture.
How To Make Clove Oil At Home
I get it! Purchasing clove oil from the market these days can be challenging. After all, there’s always a chance of some chemicals being used in the manufacture.
Naturally, you wouldn’t want to take such a risk when it’s your hair health at risk. Luckily, making clove oil at home is easier than you think. You can easily prepare the oil and use it for up to 4 months without any stress. Sounds tempting, doesn’t it?
So, how to make clove oil at home? You won’t need much. Merely 8 to 10 pieces of clove and a cup of olive oil will suffice. Here’s how you prepare the clove oil.
- Put the clove pieces in a mortar and crush the seeds with a pestle. Transfer these crushed seeds into a small glass jar.
- Pour olive oil into the jar, at least up to the middle of it.
- Close the jar’s lid and shake it gently such that the contents are appropriately mixed.
- Place the jar near a sunny window for a couple of weeks. Don’t forget to infuse the oil daily.
- The oil will start taking over the color and fragrance of cloves by the end of the week. When this happens, mix it up one more time before opening the jar and passing the oil through a strainer. This will remove the clove residues.
- Your clove oil is now ready. Transfer it into an airtight container and store it. You can use it to give your hair a new lease of life anytime you want.
However, keep one thing in mind. The potency of this oil will depend on the number of cloves you use to prepare it. So don’t get carried away and be careful while preparing the oil lest it ends up doing more harm than good.
The best thing about preparing clove oil at home is that you wouldn’t have to worry about your hair being exposed to unwanted chemicals ever again. Don’t delay, and get ready to make the most of home-prepared clove oil now!
Get Beautiful And Healthy Hair With Clove Oil Now!
Clove benefits hair in so many ways. It maintains scalp health while also keeping dryness and dandruff at bay.
If you really want long and shiny tresses, clove oil can be your best ally!
Have you tried any of the clove oil hair remedies? How has your experience been?
Did this article help you in improving your hair texture?
Drop us a comment and share your clove oil story. Don’t forget to rate this article out of five to let us know your feedback!