Clove and its oil have been used for medicinal and edible purposes for centuries.
But not many people realized how beneficial this natural herb could be.
You will be startled to learn how clove is used in abundance in the cosmetic industry.
Yes! You don’t have to rely on expensive skin products. A natural spice can solve all your skin-related problems.
Seems interesting. Don’t you want to know what the clove benefits for the skin are?
Clove can prevent acne and remove scars, blemishes, and dark spots. It boosts collagen and keeps your skin healthy and fresh. Clove is effective against fungal infections and works as an antiseptic against most bacteria. It removes warts and skin growth and also minimizes the signs of aging on the skin. Clove has a soothing effect on the skin.
But how? As enticing as it might sound to use clove, if you aren’t careful, things can backfire! That’s because clove oil in its original form can be too harsh for the skin. You want clove to benefit your skin, not harm it. So you have to know precisely what needs to be done!
Table of Contents
Clove Benefits for Skin: Here is What You Need to Know
Topical application mostly comes to mind when we talk about using clove to benefit the skin.
You will find three types of clove oil-based primarily on extraction. These include;
- Bud oil which is extracted from the bud of the plant
- Leaf oil extracted from the leaf of the clove plant
- Stem oil from the twigs of the plant
Here’s a pro tip before we move ahead with the remedies.
Furthermore, don’t overdo it. Clove is one of those things that work only in minute quantity.
Never use clove oil in the undiluted form if you don’t want to deal with the dire repercussions!
1. Get Rid Of Acne With Clove
Dealing with acne can be frustrating, not to mention costly.
Haven’t you spent a ton on remedies only for the acne to reappear soon after you stop treatment?
Everyone yearns for an acne cure that will eradicate the problem from the roots! Fortunately, clove offers a simple, effective, and affordable way to do so.
How Using Clove To Cure Acne Will Benefit You?
As we discussed, clove has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties—these help in dealing with acne and pimples.
Cloves can kill the acne-causing bacteria, ensuring that you don’t have to worry about breakouts.
A compound called Eugenol is present in the clove oil that’s responsible for most of its effect against acne. (2)
How To Use Clove Oil To Cure And Prevent Acne
Here is a word of caution before discussing the remedies that can help you out in curing and preventing breakouts.
Always ensure that you mix clove oil with carrier oil. The strong and potent oil, in its undiluted form, can be detrimental.
Here are some excellent remedies for you.
Clove Oil With Coconut Oil
- Mix a teaspoon of clove oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Steam your face for up to five minutes and then apply the oil mixture on the face’s affected areas, using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for around fifteen minutes before washing your face with a cleanser and pat it dry.
- Use the mixture daily to reduce acne and pimples and improve the texture of your skin.
Clove Oil With Moisturizer
- Combine clove oil with an oil-free moisturizer. Don’t use more than a drop or two of the clove oil.
- Apply clove oil on the affected area.
- Watch out for any signs of discomfort or reaction and promptly wash it away if you feel some problem.
- If you don’t encounter any issues, leave the oil for fifteen minutes. Wash it with an oil-free cleanser. Lastly, apply the oil-free moisturizer on your face.
Clove Oil And Olive Oil
- Blend one teaspoon of clove oil with a tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- Apply it to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Massage it gently before leaving it for fifteen minutes.
- Wash your face with an oil-free cleanser.
- This blend of oils will nourish your skin and can be used daily.
2. Eliminate Spots And Scars Using Clove Oil
How often has it happened that a zit leaves a spot behind? Unfortunately, this isn’t an uncommon occurrence.
Clove oil can come to your rescue. It removes spots and scars as if there was nothing there ever.
How Using Clove Oil To Eliminate Spots And Scars Can Benefit Your Skin?
Clove benefits the skin, not only by preventing acne.
It has more to offer.
The element is highly effective in dealing with dark spots, acne scars, and blemishes too.
Clove has exfoliating properties. Thus, it removes the dead skin cells and makes your skin tone even.
How To Make Spots And Scars Disappear Using Clove Oil?
- Mix one teaspoon of coconut oil with two to three drops of clove oil
- Apply it to the affected area. Be careful if you are using it near your eyes, as Clove oil can be quite harsh.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse it away in the morning.
- Follow the procedure every night, and before you know it, the scars will have disappeared.
3. Clove Oil As An Antifungal
The antifungal properties of clove make it a potent choice to combat yeast infections.
But be careful while applying the oil near the mouth region.
It shouldn’t be ingested! Consuming undiluted clove oil can be quite detrimental to health.
Also Read: How to Use Cloves to Lose Weight.
How Clove As An Antifungal Benefits Your Skin
The effect of clove essential oil on fungal infections is well established by studies.
Indeed, a survey conducted in 2001 revealed the rapid killing effect of the oil on particular yeast cells.
Another study from 2009 reaffirmed that using the combination of clove oil and Eugenol oil offers significant antifungal effects (3).
How To Use Clove Oil As An Antifungal?
For fungal infections like ringworm and athlete’s foot, the essential oil has to be applied topically.
- Dilute it in water, and don’t use more than a couple of drops
- Apply it onto the sensitive area multiple times in a day
The signs of infection will disappear soon enough.
To deal with some fungal infections, clove has to be ingested. Make tea with clove essential oil.
Add a couple of drops of the oil to warm water.
You can combine it with cinnamon oil or grapefruit oil to minimize the strong taste.
4. Clove As An Antiseptic
Hasn’t it happened quite often that you are bitten by a bug or hurt yourself with a glass piece and are all out of antiseptics?
So what’s the solution in such a situation? Clove can indeed come to your rescue.
Also Read: Clove Benefits for Hair
How will Clove as an Antiseptic Benefit Your Skin?
Clove has antiseptic properties that can heal wounds, cuts, bites, rashes, and scratches, among other things.
So you don’t have to panic if you are short on an antiseptic solution. Clove oil can be an effective alternative.
Clove essential oil is an excellent remedy for oral infections, too, as it can inhibit gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. (4)
How To Use Clove As A Replacement Of Antiseptic?
- Dilute a few drops of clove oil in a carrier oil like coconut oil
- Dab a cotton ball into the solution, soaking it in properly
- Apply it onto the affected area and leave it to dry
- Reapply as necessary
5. Clove As An Anti-Aging Solution
Who doesn’t like the idea of retaining their youthful look?
People are willing to spend quite a lot to keep premature signs of aging at bay.
But many don’t realize how feasible a solution clove oil can be for the purpose.
How Clove As An Anti-Aging Solution Can Benefit You
It helps maintain the levels of collagen in the skin, thereby preventing premature aging.
This is one of the most significant clove benefits for skin, making its use for skincare products all too common.
We are talking a lot about clove oil so if you want to make clove oil at your home then here is the video for you.
How to Use Clove Oil as an Anti-Aging Solution?
- Mix three to four drops of clove oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Apply it on your face after washing it with a mild soap.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Use the mixture daily to keep signs of aging at bay!
6. Boost The Collagen With Clove
Pollution and the action of free radicals can leave the skin cells battered and bruised.
There is a reason that your skin looks tensed and dull most of the time.
You try dealing with the situation by covering your face with a scarf, but it’s seldom enough.
Fortunately, the benefits of clove for skin come to your rescue.
How Boosting Collagen With Clove Will Benefit Your Skin?
Free radicals inflict damage to the collagen, making your skin appear dull.
Clove oil not only improves your skin hydration but also repairs the skin barrier function. (7)
It is enriched with antioxidants that keep your skin healthy and glowing.
How To Use Clove Oil To Boost Collagen?
Clove oil has to be applied daily to ensure that collagen remains protected from the attack of free radicals.
- Add a drop of clove oil to your night serum or moisturizer.
- Apply it every night before going to bed
- Rinse your face in the morning.
7. The Soothing Effect Of Clove Oil
The roughness of the environment can take a toll on your skin.
It can become dry and itchy.
Of course, you wouldn’t want to be caught rubbing your face now and then.
Clove oil can help you out. Not only that, but it can also eradicate impurities from your skin
How The Soothing Effect Of Clove Oil Will Benefit Your Skin?
Clove oil can provide instant relief in conditions that cause itching.
It is, in fact, quite an effective topical treatment for chronic pruritus (8).
The spice offers a cheap and easy-to-use remedy to deal with skin disorders that can cause dryness and itching.
It also purifies your skin from within, thereby improving the skin texture.
But you have to apply it daily for results.
How To Use Clove Oil To Get The Soothing Effect
- Dilute clove oil in a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil. You can also dilute it in unscented products like lotion or facial cream.
- Apply it on the affected area and let it be for half an hour before washing it off
- Use the method daily.
8. Clove Oil For The Regulation Of Oily Skin
Oily skin can undoubtedly be a nuisance.
Who likes to step out of their house with a greasy-looking skin?
Isn’t it frustrating to keep applying something on your face to keep the oiliness at bay?
Well, you can stop worrying now as clove oil can come to your assistance!
How Using Clove Oil For The Regulation Of Oily Skin Will Benefit You?
Clove has astringent properties.
It can reduce the extra oil in your skin while also tightening up the large pores.
As a result, you wouldn’t have to worry about your skin appearing greasy or the oil spoiling your makeup.
How To Use Clove Oil To Regulate Oily Skin?
- Mix one-fourth cup of witch hazel with three drops of clove oil
- Clean your face with cold water and apply the mixture all over, using cotton pads for the purpose.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
9. Removes Skin Tags And Warts With Clove Oil
Skin tags and abnormal skin growths can undoubtedly be embarrassing. Luckily, you have an easy and affordable solution in the form of clove oil.
How Removing Skin Tags and Warts with Clove Oil will Benefit Your Skin?
Furthermore, it is quite hot.
This helps in drying up skin growth. As a result, it shrinks fast, leading to rapid removal.
The natural herb can also prevent the bedsores from getting worse and make your skin stronger.
You can use the leaves and break them apart to squeeze the juice out.
How To Use Clove Oil To Remove Skin Tags And Warts?
- Apply the clove oil on the affected area directly.
- Keep applying it throughout the day till the growth shrinks.
- Use gel or lotion on the healthy skin around the growth to protect it from the heat of the potent clove oil.
10. Relax Your Skin With Clove Oil
Don’t you hate it when there are visible signs of stress on your skin? It is often said that stress and anxiety can take a toll on your skin, making it appear worn-out.
Clove oil can be invaluable in relaxing your skin and providing it with a fresh and clear look.
How Using Clove Oil To Relax The Skin Will Benefit You?
It is quite well known that clove oil reduces stress. Applying it on the pulse points relaxes the facial muscles.
The herb has stimulating properties that alleviate stress and fatigue.
It awakens and rejuvenates your skin instantly. Regular application ensures that your skin gets back its radiance and freshness from within.
Indeed, you wouldn’t even need makeup then!
How To Use Clove Oil For Clear And Fresh Skin
- Add a few drops of clove oil to your lotion.
- Apply it to the pulse points of your face and let it dry
Share The Magic Of Clove Now!
The clove benefits of the skin cannot be denied. The essential oil indeed has incredible effects, which can do a world of good for your skin health.
Did you love any of the above benefits? Let us know in the comments below. We hope this article helped you out in reaping the maximum clove benefits for the skin.