Loaded with flavors and strong taste, clove has many surprising health benefits. Its unique flavor and aroma have made this magical spice an essential part of every kitchen in Asian countries. However, not many know how effective a remedy it can be for weight loss.
Cloves mixtures with other spices, such as cloves tea with ginger, cinnamon, and honey can help you reduce belly fat. It does not only help to lose weight but also makes your skin glow. So, does clove really work for weight loss?
Clove works for weight loss by boosting your metabolism. It’s enriched with many nutrients that make you feel full. Its antioxidants help fight free radicals in the body and it regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Clove oil is also beneficial for liver health.
Sounds incredulous, doesn’t it? You can achieve so much with a simple remedy of clove oil. Want to know more about the many benefits of this magical herb? Let’s find out!
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Clove For Weight Loss
You must be wondering how clove manages to be a valuable ally in weight loss. It has quite a few effects on your overall body that make a difference.
Clove Boosts Metabolism
One of the most significant hurdles in losing weight is slow metabolism. The calorie you consume isn’t converted into energy fast enough and is instead stored in your body as fat cells. When you have a high metabolic rate, all the calories are burned as energy.
Even the stored fat cells are used to compensate for the high energy demand of the body. The result? You lose weight at a much more rapid pace.
Clove Contains All The Essential Nutrients
Most people don’t realize that if their body does not get its required supply of nutrients, they end up gaining weight. If you want to lose weight healthily, you need to make vital nutrients a part of your diet. Clove makes this easier.
Clove is enriched with fiber, vitamins, minerals and so much more. Not only that, when you use cloves to fulfill your nutritional requirements, you don’t have to worry about consuming excessive calories either.
2 grams of ground cloves contain about 6 calories while the composition of nutrients is as follows
- Calories: 6
- Carbs: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Vitamin K: 2% of the DV
- Manganese: 55% of the Daily Value (DV)
Since cloves are low in calories but rich in nutrients, they fulfill your dietary requirements without significantly contributing to your weight.
Cloves Have Anti-Lipid Properties
What better way to lose weight that regulating your blood cholesterol levels? And this is where cloves can be highly beneficial.
Cloves have impressive anti-Cholestyramine and anti-lipid properties. Hence, they prevent your cholesterol levels from peaking, leading to the prevention of significant weight gain.
Cloves Help In Regulating Blood Sugar Levels
Studies have revealed that the compounds present in cloves can be pretty effective in keeping blood sugar levels under control. They increase the uptake of sugar from the blood into cells, increasing the secretion of insulin and leading to enhanced functioning of cells that produce insulin.
We don’t really need to elaborate on the effect of high blood sugar levels on your weight. When your sugar levels are adequately maintained, you will find it much easier to lose weight.
Cloves Are Enriched With Antioxidants
You will find it harder to lose weight when your body is under significant oxidative stress. The excessive free radicals in your body also slow down your metabolism, making weight loss even more challenging. This is where cloves can help.
“Out of the five antioxidant properties tested, cloves had the highest capacity to give off hydrogen, reduced lipid peroxidation well, and was the best iron reducer”, Juana Fernández-López, Researcher at UMH.
Cloves have a high concentration of antioxidants that fight free radicals and reduce oxidative stress on your body. This not only makes it easier to lose weight but is also beneficial for your overall health.
Clove Improves Liver Health
If you want to lose weight, you have to ensure all the organs of your body are functioning optimally. Losing weight becomes troublesome if your overall health isn’t maintained.
Cloves have many beneficial compounds that promote liver health. Eugenol present in clove is particularly excellent for the liver.
Cloves Can Help Reduce Stomach Ulcers
It’s not always your caloric intake that’s responsible for your weight gain. Some medical conditions might be contributing to those extra pounds. One such condition is a stomach ulcer.
Peptic ulcers are sores formed in the lining of your digestive tracts. Various factors can cause these ulcers including genetics, infection, and stress. When the protective lining of the stomach is impacted, ulcers result.
Cloves increase the production of gastric mucus which in turn works as a barrier, preventing erosion of the stomach lining. Hence, ulcers are treated pretty effectively with cloves.
Some Other Benefits Of Clove To Watch Out For
There’s a lot more to cloves than you realize. Yes, it’s a wonderful remedy for weight loss. But there are many other benefits that can come your way with its use. Cloves can
- Alleviate toothache
- Reduce pain experienced during dental work
- Be effective against dental plaque
- Be used to reduce symptoms of a hangover
- Deal with indigestion
It’s apparent that Using cloves as part of your diet can have a positive impact on your overall health.
Cloves Recipes For Weight Loss
Clove for weight loss, like any other herbal remedy, is not a panacea that you will quickly and easily get rid of extra pounds. Losing weight should be approached comprehensively. Observe your diet, organize the right food, and choose a healthy lifestyle that will help you to lose weight.
Drinks and oil made with cloves stimulate the process of losing weight. The rich composition also helps to lose weight. There are many other Cloves benefits for men and women as they keep the spark alive in your marriage.
Cloves Tea For Weight Loss
Clove water for weight loss can be used in the form of tea, which is insisted on breeding the powder of this plant in boiling water. According to this, an infusion of cloves is prepared for medicinal purposes.
Here’s how you can make clove tea:
- You need 1 teaspoon of clove buds. The buds should be whole, not chopped, and in a powder state.
- Then add this to 1 cup of water.
- Boil it for 3-4 minutes and then leave it for 4 hours.
- Drink this clove tea 1/3 cup before meals.
It is believed that cloves reduce appetite and, thus, the person taking the tincture eats less food at dinner. And automatically it will help him to lose weight.
Cinnamon And Clove For Weight Loss
Cloves excite metabolism, thereby supporting getting a flat tummy. But, no type of spice is a panacea in the fight against hated kilograms. Therefore, it should be combined with a reasonable diet and regular exercise.
Cloves and cinnamon will help you burn fat from the body but having a healthy lifestyle IS equally important.
Cinnamon and clove tea is an indispensable assistant during the onset of winter cold when it is important to maintain the condition of the body.
- You need two teaspoons of green tea without additives
one teaspoon of clove powder and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of natural vanilla.
- All the elements should be put in a ceramic teapot (with thick walls), pour a half-liter of boiling water, and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
The resulting tea with spices is not only tasty but also medicinal for losing weight. It improves metabolism in the body and fills with energy. To charge yourself with a good mood and good spirits right in the morning, With its unusual aroma, this drink will wake you up and set you up for work.
Ginger And Cloves For Flat Tummy
Metabolism can also be improved with clove tea with the addition of ginger. Especially such a drink is recommended to drink in the winter.
Here is how you can make, clove and ginger tea for weight loss
- You can take one teaspoon of green or black tea.
- Take a fresh ginger root and grind it
- Add one teaspoon of clove powder
- Put these components in a teapot and pour boiling water (0.5 liters), insist for half an hour. (Drink with lemon and honey, If you want to).
You can drink no more than 1 cup of clove tea per day. In large quantities, this spice irritates the stomach and, instead of benefit, will do only harm.
Cloves And Honey For Weight Loss
Many will be surprised how honey can be useful in losing weight because it has a rich composition. Honey contains varying concentrations of polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants.
Antioxidants are natural compounds that help prevent free radicals from damaging your cells. It also increases metabolism, which causes more fat to burn.
With cloves and honey, we can quickly and “sweetly” lose weight, but we must comply with the measure in everything.
Even ordinary honey water is considered extremely beneficial. In case, you add spices to it, then such a drink will act as a mild laxative, improve digestion, and provide vigor and lightness for the whole day.
- A teaspoon of chopped cloves, a cinnamon stick, one teaspoon of any tea – you can choose anyone to your taste, One teaspoon of honey.
- Mix everything and brew with boiling water.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and it’s ready to drink.
How Much Clove is Safe?
- Experts say no more than 1 cup of medicinal tea with cloves per day. If you drink more than 1 cup, this spice may irritate the digestive tract.
- In case of eating or chewing raw cloves daily, start gradually with one clove a day until you reach 3-4 cloves a day.
- People with digestive tract diseases should not use cloves without medical professional advice.
- The use of various products with cloves is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
- In case of an allergic reaction (redness of the skin, itching) you should not use cloves by any means.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cloves?
Cloves are one of those items that can be dangerous if consumed in excessive quantities. It’s vital to not get carried away and use the herb in appropriate amounts. Here are a few side effects cloves can cause if you aren’t careful.
- Cloves enhance the effect of blood-thinning medications, thereby increasing the risk of bleeding.
- Cloves can lower your blood sugar levels excessively especially if you are already on some diabetes medications.
- Clove can trigger allergies. Eugenol in cloves can react with body proteins causing localized irritation or dermatitis. It can also cause respiratory allergies in some.
- Excessive intake of cloves can lead to sensations of pain and warmth in the mouth.
- If clove is used in excess, it can be toxic, causing conditions like fits, coma, and even renal failure.